GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT (GAD) CENTER
A premier Gender and Development (GAD) Center in Davao Region that emulates inclusion through gender-responsive policies, programs, and services leading towards gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The Gender and Development is committed to upholding gender equality and women’s empowerment in all spheres of public and private life by implementing various gender mainstreaming strategies that cut across instruction, research, and community extension.
- Technical Assistance for GAD Capacity Development
- Consultancy for Establishment of GAD-related programs
- Information Service for Gender and Development and GAD-related issues
- Research Service for Faculty-Researchers and Students’ GAD-related thesis
- Extension Service for Partner Communities
- Expert Service as Resource Persons on Gender and Development
- Counseling Service for Women, Children and other victims of abuse in school and in the workplace
Notable Achievements / Partnerships:
- Bagged 2nd place in the Extension Category in the Regional GADTimpala Award awarded by CHED RO XI.
- Bagged 3rd place in the Research Category in the Regional GADTimpala Award awarded by CHEDRO XI.
- Presented the GAD Center’s Best Practices under Management and Governance during the 2019 CHED Regional GAD Summit in the 2020 GAD Summit under Research Category.
- Presented GAD research outputs in the First International Conference on GALACST at UST, Manila, November 2019.
- Presented GAD research outputs in 6th International Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities 2021 (PASAK 6) and in 2021 International Conference on Methodological Advances in Research (ICMAR).
- Launched a Special Issue on Gender and Development studies through Davao Research Journal.
- Chaired the Research Division of the GAD Focal Persons in Region XI (2019 to 2020) .
- Chaired in the Local Council of Women in the City of Mati (2017-2019).
- Served as technical consultant and learning resource of DepEd City of Mati and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) in barangays for GAD Capacity Development (2018-present) .
- Served as a technical consultant in the establishment of Program of Instructions (POI) for Balay Silangan – a Halfway House for Drug Offenders in the Province of Davao Oriental (2018).
- Created the GAD Speakers’ Bureau for Gender and Development and Gender-related Capacity Development Initiatives of Various Agencies in the entire Province.
- Crafted the GAD Code and GAD Learning Modules for students, employees, and GAD Focal Persons (for finalization).
- Forged Partnerships through MOA with the following agencies and institutions for research and extension:
- Davao del Norte State College
- Davao de Oro State College
- Department of Education – City of Mati Division
- Department of the Interior and Local Government
- Diocese of Mati
- Global Impact Fils Foundation, Inc.
- Philippine Eagle Foundation
- University of the Philippines – Mindanao