THE UNIVERSITY STUDENT COUNCIL
The Davao Oriental State University Student Council, the highest student governing body of Davao Oriental State University, one of the biggest state universities in Region 11 that has the highest number of student population on the entire region. The University Student Council (USC) of Davao Oriental State University (DOrSU) is a constitution that governs the whole student population of DOrSU which includes the students of the extension campuses as well. This organization aspires to bestow programs, projects, and activities that are aligned with the University’s vision of Excellence, Innovation, and Inclusion.
This USC seeks to uphold and promote the rights and general welfare of all the DOrSU students. It also aspires to be an active forum of students’ ideas and sentiments, and instill consciousness among the students. The organization strives to enhance social awareness and promote national consciousness among students, and develop responsible studentry, which will reinforce service-oriented education. And aspires to cultivate potentials, skills, and knowledge among the studentry for the betterment of the community.
The University Student Council of DOrSU believes the following:
● That access to education shall be given to everyone.
● That education should develop man’s physical, mental, social, cultural, political, and spiritual potentials to the fullest, in order to realize a human and humane existence for all.
● That education should enhance critical and analytical thinking and sound judgment, free from superstitious and myths belief.
● That the University Student Council’s programs, projects and activities should be aligned with the University’s vision of Excellence, Innovation, and Inclusion.
The University Student Council shall also strive to:
● defend and promote the rights and general welfare of DOrSU students;
● serve as an active forum to student’s ideas and sentiments;
● instill consciousness among the ranks of students;
● promote the ideals of the University in realizing that the development of human resources in terms of ensuring well-rounded intellectual, social, cultural, physical, political and spiritual development of every students;
● enhance social awareness and promote national consciousness among students;
● cooperate and establish linkages with various sectors of the society in the pursuit of common interest particularly in the formation of just and humane society;
● develop responsible studentry, who will uphold service-oriented education;
● support educational reforms along nationalistic, humanistic and scientific methods, for the development of human potential; to meet the social realities and to exercise academic freedom;
● develop a responsive studentry who put educational opportunity to optional use and look after the unity and welfare of the whole studentry and the people;
● be an effective voice which can truly realize the plans and aspirations of the students;
k. to develop potentials, skills and knowledge among the studentry for the betterment of the community; and
● coordinate with the OSA in the overall planning for the development of the institution;
Lastly, the University Student Council logo signifies the following:
● the University statue is symbolic of the University’s mission to develop holistic, creative and inclusive human resource who are responsive and resilient to global challenges;
● the three stars means voice, service and reform; and
● the laurel leaves stand for knowledge and learning.